Value-Based Care (VBC) ties payments to high-quality care and cost savings in order to improve health outcomes, enhance patient experience, and reduce care variation. VBC has emerged as an alternative to traditional Fee-for-Service (FFS), which focuses on payment for services billed regardless of quality and cost.
The key elements that drive success in a high-performing, value-based clinically integrated network include:
- Care organized around patients’ medical conditions and directed to appropriate providers, treatments, and settings.
- Reimbursement and incentives aligned to outcomes and efficiency of care.
- An information technology system that supports actionable reporting, such as closing care gaps and identifying coding opportunities.
Rush Health participates in several value-based care programs, demonstrating our commitment to improving the quality and efficiency of services provided to our patients. Some examples include:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Accountable Care Organization
- Humana Medicare Advantage Plans
- Medicare Shared Savings Program